lunes, 23 de enero de 2012

2012

Year 2012 has just started. I feel some incertitude in the air. Everybody is talking about how bad the economy is. I have to admit, I did not notice it much. Ever since we have “retired” to Mexico, we have adopted a simple life-style; we have restricted our necessities and still feel we are having a hell of a life.
We have found the treasure we have been looking and working for all our lives: the richness of life is not how much you owe but how much you enjoy having what you have, now.  I have expanded this concept a little further: once you enjoy what you have, you have an irresistible desire to share it with other people.


The beauty, the peace, the richness of life that make my every day a gift are going to be shared with other people on Sundays. After a ten year retirement as a professional restauranteur, I am opening the door of my beautiful home to people who will enjoy eating the food I have prepared in my artistic kitchen, and looking at the art work that Joseph has desplayed around the house. As lovers and appreciaters of arts we have also commissioned a muralist known as El Gitano to do a mural of a Tuscan Villa. While the sun is setting on the horizon of the pacific ocean,  a silent prayer goes through my mind:
"Thank you God for giving me this beautiful day I could share with my husband, our new puppy Jack, our old dog Ace, and our wonderful dinner guests." Life is good....
Happy New Year to everyone who will read this post. I hope you will make your dreams become a reality.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario